Medical errors are one of the most common medical errors, causing injury or death to at least 1.5 million patients every year. These errors occur in hospitals, nursing homes or long-term care facilities, home healthcare settings, pharmacies, and clinics.
Pursuing a medical malpractice lawsuit is a daunting endeavor emotionally and financially. There are also complex medical and legal issues that need to be researched and evaluated to investigate and prove your case. Our firm will retain the appropriate medical experts and other consultants to help prove the negligence that occurred.
Other Common Examples of Medical Malpractice Include:
- Improper or inadequate treatment of an illness or disease
- Misdiagnosis (for example, heart attack misdiagnosed as indigestion)
- Delayed diagnosis or failed diagnosis of a medical condition (including cancer)
- Birth injuries, including Cerebral Palsy, Erb’s Palsy, and brain damage
- Anesthesia and surgical errors